As you all know learning in reception takes in many different forms, it isn't always an end product or a piece of work. Learning happens through problem solving, interactions, imaginations, discussions, listening, exploring the outdoors, investigating, being curious, role playing, being creative and being physical to name but a few!
Each week we will upload the children's learning and adventures.
Week beginning 6th February
This week we have:
Week beginning 30th January
This week we have:
-Watched mass all about the Presentation of the Lord. We learnt the responses to the beginning part of mass.
-We have learnt the story of the 'Runaway Rice Cake' with actions.
-Planned our own stories thinking of ideas for characters, settings, problems and solutions
In phonics, we have learnt er, air and double letter digraphs (dd, tt, pp, rr, gg, ff, mm, bb).
-In Maths, we have been working hard to find one more and one less of numbers to 10.
In RE, we watched the video below to help us understand how Jesus grew up.
-Made oat and banana cookies. The recipe is below if you want to try it at home.
Week beginning 23rd January
This week have:
-Learnt about the Year of the rabbit and what zodiac animal they were born in. We then painted a picture of a rooster or dog.
-In Maths, we explored capacity.
-In RE, we learnt about Jesus at temple. Watch the video below.
-We did some comprehension work in literacy answering questions in our writing book
-Learnt about the tallest building in China and then built our own structures in the outdoor area
-Science Day- we made posters about different science occupations and then completed different experiments.
-In music, we used our bodies to explore tempo and sounds
-In RHE, we looked at 'sorry' prayers.
Week Beginning 16th January
This week we:
- Learnt the story of 'The Great Race' where the 12 Zodiac animals raced across the river to be named the animal of the new year.
- Wrote about our favourite animal from the story using our phonics skills.
- Had races outside on the wobble boards, like the animals in the story and put ourselves in order from 1st to 5th.
- In football we practised our dribbling skills.
-We also had a gymnastics session where we learned how to jump safely and to move in different ways
- We explored freezing and made our own frozen objects in the outdoor area.
- Practised our number bonds to 4 and 5 in a variety of ways.
- In Music, we were exploring sounds and passing the sounds to our friends to copy.
- Made tuna wraps in our Phunky food session.
- Learnt about Epiphany and the importance of the kings.
Week beginning: 9th January
-Made bird feeders out of pine cones and bird seeds. We hung them in our outdoor area
-Our first football session with Stuart
-Writing questions that we want to find out about China
-Daily reading and phonics
-In maths we have looked at number bonds to 4 and 5
-Learning about this half-term's 'Living and Learning' statement. 'Respectful' and 'Listen and Discuss'. The story linked to it is Zacchaeus. You can watch it below.
-In RHE, we made a prayer about who we were thankful for
-Phunky foods- Super Veggie Crunch