By the end of Reception children should be able to recognise that a range of technology is used in places such as homes and schools and they can select and use technology for particular purposes.
Key Stage One
- To understand what algorithms are; how they are implemented as programs on digital devices; and that programs execute by following precise and unambiguous instructions
- To create and debug simple programs
- To use logical and reasoning to predict the behaviour of simple program
- To use technology purposefully to create, organise, store, manipulate, and retrieve digital content
- To recognise common uses of information technology beyond school
- To use technology safely and respectfully, keeping personal information private; identify where to go to for help and support when they have concerns about content on the internet or other online technologies.
Key Stage Two
- To design, write and debug programs that accomplish specific goals, including controlling or simulating physical systems; solve problems by decomposing them into smaller parts
- To use sequence, selection and repetition in programs work with variables and various forms of input and output
- To use logical reasoning to explain how some simple algorithms work and to detect and correct errors in algorithms and programs
- To understand computer networks including the internet; how they can provide multiple services, such as the world wide web; and the opportunities they offer for communications and collaboration
- To use search technologies effectively, appreciate how results are selected and ranked, and be discerning in evaluating digital content
- To select, use and combine a variety of software (including internet services) on a range of digital devices to design and create a range of programs, systems and content that accomplish given goals, including collecting, analysing, evaluating and presenting data and information
- To use technology safely, respectfully and responsibly; recognise acceptable/ unacceptable behaviour; identify a range of ways to report concerns about content and contact.