Mini Police at St. Patrick's
The Mini Police project within Cumbria Constabulary is a fun and interactive volunteering opportunity for our Year 5 children. We currently have 15 Mini Police officers in school. The Mini Police support the force priorities, through participation in community engagement events. Our children look forward to developing a confident voice through enjoyable experiences.
WHAT HAVE WE ACHIEVED?
- Honoured with our caps by Community Inspector Rachel Jones.
- Trip to the R.N.L.I lifeboat.
- Water Safety training delivered by our local PCSO's.
- Delivered a water safety assembly to the whole school.
- Attended a Mini Police Sport's Day at Cumbria Police Headquarters in Penrith.
- Firework safety workshops delivered by our mini police to all classes across the school.
- Firework leaflets sold at our Coffee afternoon and proceeds donated to our local Phoenix Youth Project.
- Phoenix Youth Project Cheque presentation.
- C.S.I visit.
- County Lines presentation delivered by P.C.S.O Sammie Hewitt.
- Road Safety Awareness Training delivered by P.C.S.O Samantha Watson and Sammie Hewitt.
- Children have made and give out leaflets to raise awareness about County Line to parents at our coffee afternoon.
- Children have been out in the community with the speed guns as part of the road safety awareness training.
CLICK ON THE THUMBNAILS BELOW TO SEE OUR MINI POLICE PRESENTING A CHEQUE TO OUR PHOENIX YOUTH PROJECT.
CLICK ON THE THUMBNAILS BELOW TO SEE OUR MINI POLICE RECEIVING COUNTY LINES TRAINING
CLICK ON THE THUMBNAILS BELOW TO SEE OUR MINI POLICE VISITING AND LEARNING ABOUT THE R.N.L.I LIFEBOAT AS PART OF WATER SAFETY AWARENESS
CLICK ON THE THUMBNAILS BELOW TO SEE OUR MINI POLICE OUT IN THE COMMUNITY WITH THE SPEED GUNS!
Here are our mini police sharing their experiences.......