As you all know learning in reception takes in many different forms, it isn't always an end product or a piece of work. Learning happens through problem solving, interactions, imaginations, discussions, listening, exploring the outdoors, investigating, being curious, role playing, being creative and being physical to name but a few! Each week we will upload the children's learning and adventures.
Week Beginning 10th May
This week we have been................
- Investigating if Aliens really do exist??!! We designed our own aliens and wrote about them.
- Learning all about the importance of May and how the month is all about celebrating Our Lady, Mary. We painted lovely pictures of her using water colours and power paints.
- Practising our number bonds to 10 in maths.
- Enjoying tomato pasta, fruit and hot dogs.
- Learning about ducks after a very exciting visit from 9 little ducklings that Miss Woolaghan brought in for the morning.
- Understanding the importance of our mental health and very much enjoyed our yoga session.
- Continuing to listen and develop our skills in gymnastics.
Week Beginning 4th May
This week we have been .......
- Learning how Astronauts get t o space and making our own rockets.
- Investigating tens and ones in maths!
- Making jelly and talking about how the jelly changes from solid to liquid to solid.
- Enjoying oven baked potato, yogurts, fruit and jelly.
- Writing facts about Guide Dogs as part of a whole school writing focus.
- Practising how to make the sign of the cross and it's importance.
- Trying to crack alien codes.
- Listening well in our gymnastic sessions.
- Learning about 'The Good Shepherd' in our Lectio time.
Week Beginning 26th April
This week we have been.....
- Learning how many planets are in our solar system, we used the ipads and non-fiction books to find out facts and write them down.
- Learning facts about Saturn and carrying out an experiment about the ice and rocks in it's rings.
- Munching on crumpets, yogurt, fruit and cereal.
- Singing songs and listening to a story about our bodies in RHE.
- Focussing on the number 19!
- Trying to understand Pentecost and we made a model of Jesus going to heaven to help us visualise this.
- Spending lots of time in the outdoor area and we made a fantastic reading den!
- Exploring all the space continuous provision and we made a space rocket and control panel in the deconstructed area.
- Very much enjoy8ing our first gymnastic session!
Week Beginning 19th April
This week we have been....
- Writing questions about what we want to find out in our space topic.
- All about the number 18.
- Recognising numerals and matching them to quantities.
- Making toast, crackers and cereal.
- Drawing shadows outside and discussing why shadows happen.
- Taking part in team games in PE.
- Learning that Christ rose from the dead.
- Impressing the adults with our daily phonics and reading.