As you all know learning in reception takes in many different forms, it isn't always an end product or a piece of work. Learning happens through problem solving, interactions, imaginations, discussions, listening, exploring the outdoors, investigating, being curious, role playing, being creative and being physical to name but a few! Each week we will upload the children's learning and adventures.
Week Beginning 29th March
This week we have been....
- Going Easter mad! We made Easter craft, enjoyed Easter treats and even had a visit from the Easter Bunny!
- Continuing to practise our subtraction skills.
- Busy in the continuous provision making and building different types of houses and imaginary worlds.
- Enjoying cereal, crackers, yogurt and fruit in the snack area.
- We designed our own Easter eggs and wrote sentences to describe them.
- Learning more about the stations of the cross and the importance of Easter in our Catholic lives.
- Reading daily in our reading groups and have been making some great progress!
- Enjoying PE outside in the sunshine, aswell as lots of fun in the sand and water trays!
A great return to school after lockdown 3! We are very proud of everyone!
Week Beginning 22nd March
This week we have been.......
- Patiently wait for our egg to hatch that Ziggy the zoo keeper sent us to look after!!! We wrote Ziggy letters to tell him how we were going to look after the egg and what we thought it might be! Then on Friday something AMAZING happened!!!!! The egg hatch while we were at lunch and out came a baby Brachiosaurus! He escaped out the door and we went in search for him BUT we haven't found him yet!!!
- Learning about 'The Last Supper' and we enjoyed our own, where we ate bread and wine (cherry juice).
- Learning how to subtracting numbers.
- Eating our way through cereal, chocolate brioche, wraps, fruit and crackers.
- Experimenting how to save the dinosaurs out of the frozen eggs using a hairdryer, salt, bicarbonate of soda, vinegar and water.
- Using balls in PE and finished our lesson off with parachute games.
- To visit the stations of the cross in the church garden.
Week Beginning 15th March
This week we have been .......
- Learning how to be Palaeontologists! We have had a dig site in class and we used chocolate chip cookies to 'dig out the fossils' (chocolate chips).
- Chomping away on crumpets and toast!
- Focussing on the number 16 and also our number bonds to 10.
- In the continuous provision we had a stem building activity to make a dinosaur, candles in the painting area to make 'magic' painting and skeleton dinosaur pictures using cotton buds.
- Working REALLY HARD in our daily reading groups.
- Enjoying our PE session outside in the yard playing dinosaur relays.
- Learning about Palm Sunday, making palm leaves and re-enacting Jesus entering Jerusalem.
- Playing games with the parachute.
Week Beginning 8th March
This week we have been .......
- Learning how to be back at school! We all did really well even if we were tired on Friday afternoon!
- Munching on crackers and forgetting how to wash up our plates!
- Learning all about the number 15.
- Writing simple sentences about a fun dinosaur picture.
- For a walk to look for signs of spring but sadly only saw some daffodils! I think we were to loud to see any animals!
- Painting daffodils for our Mother's Day cards.
- We read every morning in our new reading groups.
- Travelling like dinosaurs in PE, that was after the 30 minutes it took us to get changed! I think we are to use to our pyjamas.