WHAT IS THE MINI POLICE?
The Mini Police project within Cumbria Constabulary is a fun and interactive volunteering opportunity for our Year 5 children. We currently have 15 Mini Police officers in school. The Mini Police support the force priorities, through participation in community engagement events. Our children look forward to developing a confident voice through enjoyable experiences.
Children who become part of the mini police help to tackle local issues, as highlighted by their own communities. By assisting the police service, they also carry that ownership and pride back into the community they live in. We work closely with our local PCSO's Samantha Watson and Sammie Hewitt.
WHAT HAVE WE ACHIEVED?
- Honoured with our caps by Community Inspector Rachel Jones
- Trip to the R.N.L.I lifeboat
- Water Safety training delivered by our local PCSO's
- Delivered a water safety assembly to the whole school
- Attended a Mini Police Sport's Day at Cumbria Police Headquarters in Penrith
OUR VISIT TO THE R.N.L.I LIFEBOAT AS PART OF OUR KEY AWARENESS MESSAGE ON WATER SAFETY: